Tuesday, 9 April 2013

The beginning of a new week

Good morning - Tuesday already! WOW - the weeks are whizzing by at the moment. Where did that weekend go? Did you have a nice one? We did -  We spent ours with family visiting, outside in the fresh air - in the garden, in the woods on a Gruffalo trail - wherever the sun appeared to briefly warm the cold April air, and just generally enjoying being together. Since Evan arrived, our weekends revolve around him & his needs. Occasionally mummy or daddy will have a day to themselves, reconnecting with our life before Evan but it's not long before we yearn to be back together - all three of us, just us three.
 
I'm the moment where I feel aware of the fleeting nature of this time in our family life. It won't be forever - it won't be for much longer, that our little baby will no longer become dependent on us for all his needs. He's already taught himself to play on his own, he already knows when & if he wants to nap. He taught me a new song from nursery this weekend and when I asked him if he wanted a sandwich or pasta for lunch his response was "erm .... let me think?" These moments make me chuckle & proud watching my little boy become a little person.
 
I feel things changing. It is good change, an exciting change, watching him grow. But noticing it all happening, I want more than ever to feel my feet firmly planted on the ground, watching and loving what is right now. We seem to forget to notice things when our lives are so busy. I'm going to spend more time, watching, reflecting, observing & absorbing this precious time with our precious little miracle.
 
I promised to tell you about his start in life didn't I? I'm not ready to share that with you yet, those memories have been locked away for safe keeping but when I'm ready I will share it all with you. For now here is a glimpse of how far he's come.
2 days old in NICU - 2 years old!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment